Welcome to Adult Education & Literacy!
What we Offer:
- Classes and tutoring at no cost
- Held in hundreds of locations in San Antonio and surrounding area
- Evening and day options
- Not enrolled in any K-12 school system
- Need a High School Equivalency (HSE) certificate (have not earned a H.S. diploma)
- Demonstrate need for refresher on adult basic education skills (have earned a H.S. diploma or HSE and tests below a 12.9 grade level on TABE/CASAS assessment)
- Demonstrate need for English skills (by taking BEST/CASAS assessment)
Age specific requirements
- 18 years of age with withdrawal forms from last school attended, and parent/guardian permission. Parent/guardian must be present at registration or student must provide proof (Utility bill in their name, marriage license or rental agreement) he/she lives separate from parent/guardian.
- 17 years of age with withdrawal forms from last school attended, and parent/guardian permission (must be present at registration)
- 16 years of age with withdrawal forms from last school attended, court ordered documentation, and parent/guardian permission (must be present at registration)
Choose a goal(s) we can help you achieve:
|Earn your High School Equivalency
|Get a better job
||Go to college
|Help your children with school
||Study for citizenship
Can I take my high school equivalency?
HSE testing centers are sending out emails to test takers notifying them of closures. If you did not provide an email address when you signed up, you can check the test center websites for closure information. Testing centers contact information can be found here: