Welcome to Adult Education & Literacy!
The Adult Education & Literacy Alamo Consortium is here to guide you on the path of reaching your education, training, and employment goals. Our vision Success for Adult Learners is all about you. Whether you want to learn to read, obtain your High School Equivalency, learn English, get career training, or prepare to enter college, we have a place for you. Classes are offered at various locations throughout San Antonio and surrounding counties. We look forward to meeting you soon!
What we Offer:
- Classes and tutoring at no cost
- Held in hundreds of locations in San Antonio and surrounding area
- Evening and day options
- Not enrolled in any K-12 school system
- Need a High School Equivalency (HSE) certificate (have not earned a H.S. diploma)
- Demonstrate need for refresher on adult basic education skills (have earned a H.S. diploma or HSE and tests below a 12.9 grade level on TABE/CASAS assessment)
- Demonstrate need for English skills (by taking BEST/CASAS assessment)
Age specific requirements
- 18 years of age with withdrawal forms from last school attended, and parent/guardian permission. Parent/guardian must be present at registration or student must provide proof (Utility bill in their name, marriage license or rental agreement) he/she lives separate from parent/guardian.
- 17 years of age with withdrawal forms from last school attended, and parent/guardian permission (must be present at registration)
- 16 years of age with withdrawal forms from last school attended, court ordered documentation, and parent/guardian permission (must be present at registration)
Choose a goal(s) we can help you achieve:
|Earn your High School Equivalency
|Get a better job
||Go to college
|Help your children with school
||Study for citizenship
Search our class locations to get started!